The true reality is that I am possibly leaving New York City in the coming month or so. Where will I go? That is yet to be determined. My only solid option (at this time) is back home to Arkansas with my parents. I'm still struggling with the thought of that. I will save that discussion for a future post.
As I look back over my seven years in the Big Apple, I realized that there are MANY places and things that I have yet to experience. And, with my probable departure drawing near, I've created a bucket list. A sneak peek inside my wants and wishes. I make this public proclamation not to be selfish or to brag, but to spark the motivation to actually DO THESE THINGS. So here goes....
These are the Top 7 things on my list. Seven to honor the number of years I've lived here.
1. Ride the World Famous Cyclone Rollercoaster at the Coney Island Amusement Park. Heck, I've never even been to Coney Island; but when I make it there, I plan to make a mad dash for the the Cyclone.
2. Go to the Hamptons and Montauk Pointe...just to say I've been there. Maybe I could have coffee or tea at a local establishment before returning the the 'real world' that is budget living in the Big Apple (that's almost an oxymoron).
3. Go to Fire Island (I think). I've heard several intriguing things about Fire Island. It makes me want to go, but I hear that cars aren't allowed. That means lots of walking and lounging, which can be a good thing.
4. Take dance lessons at Lincoln Center. Every summer they have free and/or reduced dance lessons outside on the plaza at Lincoln Center. I want to do it just once. It seems like it would be a good time.
5. Attend a concert at Madison Square Garden. I've been to games and other events at MSG but never a concert. I'm sure it's an exhilarating experience. I want to feel the music and excitement for myself.
6. Attend a Wine Tasting event at an art gallery. Okay, I have to admit that I have received invitations to attend several of these event, but I always seem to stay at home. So, I simply need another invite and maybe a friend to tag along. Any takers?!
7. Attend a TV show taping where the audience actually receives gifts. I want free stuff - a book, food item, DVD, something! In this economy and this city that only leaves The View and the Racheal Ray Show as the surest bets right now.
And one bonus item - I would like to take the Sex & the City Bus/Walking Tour! Does that tour still exist? I haven't heard about it in years. I must find out.
You've heard my bucket list. What's yours? If you could do any SEVEN things in NYC, what would you want to do? I await your comments.