Thursday, February 4, 2010

Making the Social Net...Work!

 As many of you know, for the last 10 months I’ve been navigating the choppy waters of finding a job. During this time my motto has been “…I will land on with both feet on the ground…in Chanel Boots!” Well, friends, it’s time to start shopping! Last week, I landed as the newest member of the Online Marketing & Media team at Aristotle, Inc. My primary focus will be social networking and Online PR. It seems only fitting that I got this job as a result of a real-life connection initiated through Twitter.com.

I am a witness that online/social networking during the job search can and will pay off. It was after attending a presentation at the Arkansas Hospitality Association Trade Show that I realized the power of social media – personally and professionally. The presentation opened my eyes to the possibilities with social networking. It was then that I began to pursue social media as a career option.

Through research, webinars, and connecting with professionals at Tweetups; I learned as much as I could about the subject. After months of tenacious efforts, I landed an opportunity in online marketing using my new interest and knowledge in social media.

For those who are still job searching, don’t give up! Keep the faith. Be strategic; and most of all, stay positive. If I can be of any assistance, I am only an e-mail, a tweet or a comment away! I would love to hear your story. How have you used social networks to find job opportunities?


Last, but not least, I would like to thank @CateyLeo everything she did to lead me to my new opportunity. You rock!

Find me on LinkedIn.

No comments:

wibiya widget